Last Updated: 6 December 2020
2. Collection of Information
Information you provide to us - We collect information you provide directly to us. When opening a wallet, you’ll notice that you will provide literally no information directly to us so this usually relates to communications between you and our support teams or for any once-off interactive features (in these circumstances, we will usually explain exactly how that information will be used so don’t worry).
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services - When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Your wallet’s public address and view key- your private key, mnemonic seed and all the really important wallet information is yours to protect and we will never have access to it.
- The last date on which your wallet is accessed.
- The subdomain of the API from which the Services are accessed (where access is made via an API).
- When an error occurs, we collect information about the error (such as the date and error type) and we also log information about the type of device, browser and operating system you were using at the time of the error in the form of your user agent but, in circumstances in which there isn’t an error, this information will not be collected.
Information we do not collect – Because we care about your privacy, there is some information which we have deliberately designed our systems not to collect, including:
- IP Address - We do not actively track or collect the IP from which you access the Services- that’s your business.
- Log Information - Information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, pages you visited before navigating to our websites etc... As stated above, some of this information such as the type of browser or operating system you’re using will be logged but only in circumstances in which an error occurs.
- Device Information - Information about the mobile device you use to access our mobile application, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. Again, when an error occurs we log the type of device and operating system but in normal, error-free use, our system won’t log any of it.
- Account Address Information: Again, all we store is your public address and view key; we will never store or know your private spend key or mnemonic seed which means that it is cryptographically impossible for us to spend funds on your behalf or access your wallet.
3. Use of Information
We may use the little information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services.
- Provide and deliver the services you specifically request and send you related information regarding those requests.
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services in an aggregate and anonymous manner.
- Process and deliver contest entries, rewards or results through specifically designed interactive features.
- Carry out any other purpose for which you provided the information (such purposes will be explained wherever we need to collect any new information not outlined above).
4. Sharing of Information
We may share the little information collect about you in the following ways:
- With the Lisk Network, we will share your public account address and any transaction details to facilitate any transaction request you submit via the Services.
- In response to an official request for information by a regulator or body with legitimate jurisdiction provided that we are satisfied that the disclosure is required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or others.
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
But note that, as far as possible, any information we share will be aggregated or de-identified information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
As users of our own Services, we take its security very seriously and ensure that we apply reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, as we do not collect the most important information about you and your use of the Services, the security of your information is also in your hands and we recommend that you take this as seriously as we do.
6. Your Rights in Relation to Your Information
Whether you know it or not, you have the following rights in relation to your information which we collect:
- Right to Access – You have the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and if we do so, we will tell you the reasons for such refusal.
- Right to Correct – You have the right to have your information rectified where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erase – You have the right to request that we delete or remove your information from our systems.
- Right to Restrict Our Use of Your Information – You have the right to "block" us from using your information or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your information.
- Right to Object – You have the right to object to our use of your information including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
It is important to remember that, because we collect so little data on you, it will often be difficult to identify which information is yours which could make the exercise of any of the above rights impossible in the circumstances.
7. Contact Us